Brotherhood of Poland, NH

Darrel Manson

Dan Buck wrote elswhere:

Yeah, I've decided that David E. Kelley's shows have exactly a 2 season lifespan, and then they shrivel into opportunities to preach or sing oldies. Or both.
Couoldn't argue with that assessment. Kelley's new show this year is Brotherhood of Poland, NH. After one show it seems to have the flavor of Picket Fences -- small town, family centered, strange (but not that strange) people. It's the current opportunity to see Kelley's work before it degenerates.
A foreign movie can't be stupid.

-from the film
Armin

Dan Buck wrote elswhere:
Yeah, I've decided that David E. Kelley's shows have exactly a 2 season lifespan, and then they shrivel into opportunities to preach or sing oldies. Or both.
Couoldn't argue with that assessment. Kelley's new show this year is Brotherhood of Poland, NH. After one show it seems to have the flavor of Picket Fences -- small town, family centered, strange (but not that strange) people. It's the current opportunity to see Kelley's work before it degenerates.
Does he pass on creative control to others? or does he consistantly drive his shows into the ground after a few seasons. Is this show on Netwrok TV?

My guess is that his concepts only keep their freshness for a certain amount of time, from them on you keep coming back because you have friends on the screen. I think Ally McBeal may have stayed fresh a bit longer (but not for it's whole run). The Practice I think was fresh for it's first year only.

Poland is on CBS on Wed. A sacrificial lamb to Law and Order.

A foreign movie can't be stupid.

-from the film
Armin