Sign in to follow this  
Thom

Christian Persecution in America..shhh..don't say Christian

Good points Andrew. Reminds me of the term "co-belligerency", though I dislike the 'belligerency' in the term. I may be a conservative and a Republican, but for purely practical reasons, not because of divine inspiration (I'm not getting defensive, merely making a point). I think that too many people see all of their beliefs through a prism of their take on scripture and the opinions of their leaders and chosen "opinion leaders". I was once that way myself, but too often as I've aged, I've seen "theologically correct" opinions eb and flow, as well as logical chinks in the arguments of my own opinion leaders (they are so hard to escape, those opinion leaders, we all have them), let alone guys like Compollo who has his own blind spots and temptations, but nicely skewers most all comers.

The temptation to defend to the death all one's opinions in terms of matters of faith reminds me of my wife during the watching of sporting events. If Michigan falls behind early, the team is doomed, Carr's a lousy coach, and Navarre stinks. I mean, it was all Drew Henson's fault for going with baseball. She really says these things. All of them. Geez, the game is played for 60 minutes and four quarters! By the same token, we'll all have eternity with the Lord to agonise and giggle over the many foolhardy things we each defended in His name. Let's see how it all turns out before we start stringing up fellow siblings in Christ!

"During the contest trial, the Coleman team presented evidence of a further 6500 absentees that it felt deserved to be included under the process that had produced the prior 933 [submitted by Franken, rk]. The three judges finally defined what constituted a 'legal' absentee ballot. Countable ballots, for instance, had to contain the signature of the voter, complete registration information, and proper witness credentials.

But the panel only applied the standards going forward, severely reducing the universe of additional basentees the Coleman team could hope to have included. In the end, the three judges allowed about 350 additional absentees to be counted. The panel also did nothing about the hundreds, possibly thousands, of absentees that have already been legally included, yet are now 'illegal' according to the panel's own ex-post definition."

The Wall Street Journal editorial, April 18, 2009 concerning the Franken Coleman decision in the Minnesota U.S. Senate race of 2008.

These guys have action figures for a variety of rightie standouts like Reagan, Bush in flight suit, executive dress (excessorize!), and I wouldn't be surprised if one comes out in an Army jogging suit (Thanksgiving), and a bunch of others. I've seen the popup ads linked to Drudge. She actually looks cuter as the doll. Too anorexic in real life.

"During the contest trial, the Coleman team presented evidence of a further 6500 absentees that it felt deserved to be included under the process that had produced the prior 933 [submitted by Franken, rk]. The three judges finally defined what constituted a 'legal' absentee ballot. Countable ballots, for instance, had to contain the signature of the voter, complete registration information, and proper witness credentials.

But the panel only applied the standards going forward, severely reducing the universe of additional basentees the Coleman team could hope to have included. In the end, the three judges allowed about 350 additional absentees to be counted. The panel also did nothing about the hundreds, possibly thousands, of absentees that have already been legally included, yet are now 'illegal' according to the panel's own ex-post definition."

The Wall Street Journal editorial, April 18, 2009 concerning the Franken Coleman decision in the Minnesota U.S. Senate race of 2008.