Sign in to follow this  
stu

The funniest advert ever.

These are showing in Canada. There are three of them. But I think no. 3 is the best one.

As far as I'm concerned,

is now an instant classic.

There are a number of websites that have these links. This particular one requires Windows Media Player, but these radio commercials are pretty darn funny. Enjoy.

Real Men of Genius

I didn't realize there were that many.

The vocalist (forgot his name) is the former frontman for Survivor. "Eye of the Tiger" ... that's where you've heard that voice before.

Dave Bickler. It's funny how he responds to the announcer in these commercials. :D

Edited by BBBCanada

While we praise the Bud Light "Real Men of Genius" campaign, we should not hesitate to excoriate the inanity of the current Budweiser "This Is Beer" campaign.

If it were beer, they wouldn't have to tell us, would they?

Feed the World was funny. :D

Having faith, but looking for art, I will use my first post ever on Arts&Faith to say that you should all be aware of the voices! At least

Its not The Best ad ever, but reasonable, I think.

Edited by Curt

She Is A Lady.

Femme au volant, mort au tournant
- translates approx: "Woman to the wheel, died to the turn."

My goodness! Must I laugh or cry?! Really; the first time I saw this video, I couldn't even laugh of it: Did she fell asleep?

So often I have preached: "It takes so little to ruin so much" - but this is how it is looking in real life! Watch and listen to http://www.kamazutra.be/femme-au-volant/ .

---

This is not an advert (actual capture from security cam), but really, thats what makes it extra "funny" (if funny at all)!

Edited by Curt

This is definitely wrong... and yet I still laughed.

Banned VW commercial...

Brought back memories of an old VW parody print ad from National Lampoon back in the mid-70's. The classic photo of a VW Bug floating on a lake with a caption that read, "If Ted Kennedy drove a Volkswagen, he'd be president today"

TeddyVWad.jpg

For those that can't read the small print...

It floats.

The way our body is built, we'd be surprised if it didn't. The sheet of flat steel that goes underneath every Volkswagen keeps out water, as well as dirt and salt and other nasty things that can eat away at the underside of a car. So it's watertight at the bottom. And everybody knows it's easier to shut the door on a Volkswagen after you've rolled down the window a little.

That proves it's practically airtight on top. If it was a boat, we could call it the Water Bug. But it's not a boat, it's a car.

And, like Mary Jo Kopechne, it's only 99 and 44/100 percent pure. So it won't stay afloat forever. Just long enough. Poor Teddy. If he'd been smart enough to buy a Volkswagen, he never would have gotten into hot water.

Edited by Baal_T'shuvah

Trunk Monkey. Four of my favs.

This one went over well at screenings at Newport Beach Film Festival. There is a one minute version as well.

Two of my favourites from the dim and distant past seem to have been posted on YouTube now

Edited by MattPage

This is showing on Canadian TV right now.

Don't know if these made it over to the States, but here are series of Volkswagen cinema adverts, showcasing unusual takes on popular films. The first one is hilarious. On Gandalf: "The guy's a bad role model, and he's lazy."

Lord of the Rings

Also, Toy Story - very interesting take on Buzz Lightyear, and Ghostbusters.

Pretty sure these owe a large debt to Tarantino's take on Top Gun in whatever film it is.