Sign in to follow this  
Darrel Manson

anybody watching Stanley Cup playoffs?

Dirty? Then why are they not getting called on every check? If you are a big team with decent speed, what are you going to do against an older team with decent quickness? Bang 'em off the puck. The hitting is not the problem. Everyone not named Datsiuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, Lidstrom, Hasik, and Chelios needs to step up and become a factor in the game.

Everyone not named Datsiuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, Lidstrom, Hasik, and Chelios needs to step up and become a factor in the game.

Or not. I'm OK with them planning their tee times.

Edited by Darrel Manson

Watched most of Ottawa/Buffalo tonight. Close score, but Sens were kicking butt. Miller was exceptional in net for Buffalo or it would have been 9-0.

Ah, don't you miss that kind of crap in sports now that he has exported it to news? OTOH, this Wings fan wonders just how much one should gloat over such a game. I half expect the Ducks to do the same next game. This is quite the seesaw.

It was surely a butt kicking. That was the Detroit that got to the Conf. championship. They'd been resting up the first couple games.

Buffalo survives (but can they win a game at home to avoid the embarrassment of losing on home ice?)

I half expect the Ducks to do the same next game. This is quite the seesaw.

Sigh. And what to expect tomorrow? If we couldn't beat them without Pronger.... Is there anything like a way to judge this series from game to game?

QUACK!

The last 8 minutes of last night's game were astounding. What a great matchup.

The battle for the Cup begins on Monday so both teams should be relatively fresh at the start of the series.

Throughout the game i was depressed. I could only check in and therefore missed the first two Red Wings goals. Otherwise, I couldn't take my eyes off the game those waning minutes.

The story here as been, and I've been ignioring it, is that the 'Wings wouldn't win the Cup without Matthieu Dandinault. The question was when it would fall apart. To say that, I don't take anything from the Ducks. They won the game when their best player was benched. They came through this time and the 'Wings didn't. They never solved Giguerre either. That guy's perfect in a no nonsense, no flash sort of way. The heir to Roi, another 'Wings nemesis?

Whoohoo! Dux up 2-0. What a great game it was tonight. I want the Ibuprophen concession for when those two teams wake up in the morning.

Darrel, I'm hoping the Ducks finish Ottawa off, too, but I guess I'm just a little curious: apart from yourself and Snoop, will anyone out there care if the Ducks win the oldest trophy in professional sports?

I wonder that, too. I have no particular stake in either team in the Finals, although I do enjoy hockey. But the NHL is truly in dire straits. Where's the game? Oh, there it is, on some cable channel in the hundreds that tends to show rodeo roundups and fishing shows when it isn't broadcasting hockey. It's a sad commentary when reruns of Mayberry RFD are outdrawing the Stanley Cup finals.

Well, the games move to NBC from here on - with Don Cherry. The strike really nailed the NHL in the states - losing their ESPN contract. Vs is a really lousy site for the NHL, but it beat nothing at all (but only slightly). But even before the strike, NHL couldn't break into one of the normal networks.

MrZoom   

Congratulations to the Anaheim Ducks, 2007 Stanley Cup Champions.

A few notes:

1. An embarrassing own goal by the Senators. It's going to be a long flight back to Ottawa for the whole team, but especially for Chris Phillips and Ray Emery.

2. Ah, brotherly love: Scott Niedermeyer, who was raising the Cup for the fourth time, passed it off first to brother Rob, who had never won it. It was mentioned during the telecast that Rob and Scott were on opposing sides in the 2003 Cup finals, with Scott's Devils beating Rob and the Ducks.

3. Talk about confidence: most title teams have their championship banners manufactured in the off-season and raise it at the home opener. The Ducks had one ready to unfurl as soon as the final buzzer went off tonight.

I wish I could have watched the game. I was off at a screening. I really wish I had been watching the Dux

Well, the games move to NBC from here on - with Don Cherry.

Oh, that's right. Your brother lives in Canada. So how did you like him? He was getting to be too provincial for my taste, calling out salutes to young, lower Ontario minor leaguers and midgets during Coach's Corner on CBC and I haven't watched him in a while. I also cannot conceive of "Grapes" without his foil, Ron Maclean.

Hull (I think it was) knew how to push the right buttons and get him going -- just give him a slight push into the instigation penalty and sit back until he unwinds.

This year the Stars are treating the Ducks like they treated people last year. Looks like a short playoff season in So Cal.

jcc   
This year the Stars are treating the Ducks like they treated people last year. Looks like a short playoff season in So Cal.

The Vancouver Canucks, didn't make the playoffs. The General Manager paid the price for that yesterday.

And our junior team, the Vancouver Giants lost their playoff series to the Spokane Chiefs yesterday.

So hockey town is without hockey. I haven't decided who I want to see go all the way to the Stanley Cup this year. Pittsburgh looks good. I'd like to see Montreal go further and maybe Calgary.

Caps still hanging in, but on the ropes. I listened to some of the game Saturday on the radio, while I was out, then turned on the final two minutes at home, on TV. Man, oh man. The Flyers were insane, totally dominant, but they couldn't get the puck in the net for the tying goal.

CAPS, Baby!!!!

Game 7 ... tonight?!? Less than 24 hours after the conclusion of game 6? And a few hours away from the previous location? That doesn't seem right. But the Caps played out of their heads last night during the second half of the game. Two goals -- that's TWO goals -- for Alex Ovechkin.

I'll be out tonight and will have to resort to highlights after the game. I hope there will be highlights, not lowlights. The team is doing its city proud.