Sign in to follow this  
Darrel Manson

Time for fantasy football

Crow   

I'm in. So that makes five teams now.

Good. I don't really like pick'ems. If I recall correctly, the last couple of years more people signed up the closer we got to the end of training camp.

Good. I don't really like pick'ems. If I recall correctly, the last couple of years more people signed up the closer we got to the end of training camp.

Excellent..I guess I'm just impatient. I'm ready for some football!

Now is the time to sign up and get your friends to join (and to set your draft queue). I'm off to Montreal 8/23-29. I'll set the draft to ready after I get back. Season starts 9/6.

Last chance to jump in. Time to finalize your queues. I'll push the button to do the draft in the morning. It usually takes a day or so to happen, but be ready at any time.

yeah, having a 6 team league makes for pretty strong teams. I'd love to be able to transfere this time to another league.

It is a bit more difficult, I think, in a 6 team league. Less margin for error. Basically, all teams have awesome starters, a league of superstars, so if yours goes down due to injury or poor performance, you will get eaten alive by your opponents superstar. Also, taking a chance on a rookie or up and coming star is a bit more risky. Also, with the head to head, you could have an awesome day and still lose and have a poor day and still win. The matchups will be critical.

I'm looking forward to this league, to see just how different it is from a 12 team league I'm in in terms of starting strategy and the waiver wire management.

I'm not that happy with my draft as I've got too very injury prone stars (McNabb and Westbrook) but then again, if they are healthy, they can outperform just about anyone. Unfortunately that is a big IF!

Also, I don't know what possessed me to put L.Coles that high up on my WR list. I still think that was a just a stray drag and drop that I never cleaned up. Don't get me wrong, I like L.Coles and think he will have a great year, but not for a number 1 WR especially when RWayne, MColston and LEvans were still available.

Also interesting to have an entire starting offense that is on the cannot cut list.

And bye weeks will really be a challenge

Edited by Darrel Manson

Also interesting to have an entire starting offense that is on the cannot cut list.
Yeah, that's different. My back-up tight end is on the cannot cut list, which I didn't know until I tried to add a player off of waivers. Anyone need a tight end?

I just posted a new commissioner's note at the league suggesting we think about doing away with the do not cut list.

More games!!! Come one, come all.

Salary cap -- you pick a team based on prices. Buy and sell through the season. League: 10693 password: hike.

Pick 'em -- pick games each week. Get more points for the games you're surest about (or don't get them if you're wrong.) League: 54220 Password: password

Survivor -- pick one team to win each week. You only get to use a team once. One mistake and you're off the island. League: 22217 password: island

I had my live draft last night in a 14 team, highly competitive league. By the 5th round, things were really getting tough. (keep in mind, that uses about as many players as we have in 12 rounds in our 6 team league) Hope some of my sleeper picks turn into something.

That Salary Cap football looks really fun! Never done that one before.

Hey..we still need people for the Football pick'em pool! Quick and easy to play!

The surviver and salary cap league is fun to!

Hey..we still need people for the Football pick'em pool! Quick and easy to play!

The surviver and salary cap league is fun to!

i'm in for pickem

Restart on Survivor game because I'm the only one who could pick two winners in a row. It's open to everyone. This league will start with week 3 games

League: 30621

Password: island

Edited by Darrel Manson

I'm always game for a game. Any preferences as to format? h2h? points?

We could also set up other games that don't require the same amount of work, such as a salary cap game, weekly pick'em, and survivor (pick a team each week to win -- if they win you stay in the game; if not, well...)

I'm always game for a game. Any preferences as to format? h2h? points?

We could also set up other games that don't require the same amount of work, such as a salary cap game, weekly pick'em, and survivor (pick a team each week to win -- if they win you stay in the game; if not, well...)

I like h2h, and I am terrible at any pick-em type games. :) I suppose the next question is how many people would be interested. It would be nice to have a few more participate than last year.

Crow   

I'm up for some h2h action, and some pick-em and survivor as well if enough people are interested.