Photo

Is it "safe" to post a script here?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Plot Device

Plot Device

• 229 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:18 PM

When writing a screenplay, there's a need to spend lengthy blocks of time in solitude, industriously working through it all by yourself. And then there are brief moments --often before you're done-- when you need to share some of it (or all of it) with others. (And then you return to another lengthy block of industrious solitude again.)

Would anyone care to read select sections of my script? (I'm feeling a tad needy this week. tongue.gif )

1) Title
2) Logline
3) Elevator Pitch
4) Outline
5) Synopsis
6) Treatment
7) Finished Script

Edited by Plot Device, 09 February 2007 - 10:25 PM.

#2 Buckeye Jones

Buckeye Jones

Killer of threads

• 1,716 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE(Plot Device @ Feb 9 2007, 12:18 PM) View Post
When writing a screenplay, there's a need to spend lengthy blocks of time in solitude, industriously working through it all by yourself. And then there are brief moments --often before you're done-- when you need to share some of it (or all of it) with others. (And then you return to another lengthy block of industrious solitude again.)

Would anyone care to read select sections of my script? (I'm feeling a tad needy this week. tongue.gif )

1) Title
2) Logline
3) Outline
4) Synopsis
5) Treatment
6) Finished Script

PD, I'm assuming you're serious and not spamming (no offense intended). I would suggest contacting DanBuck and getting access to the Writers Block section of A&F. Its a sub-forum of this site dedicated to works-in-progress, and I would assume a written script qualifies. I'm not a writer and haven't used its resources, so I can't vouch for its amount of activity, but if I was, I'd start there (within an A&F context) as well as with trusted advisors in my life.

Edited by Buckeye Jones, 09 February 2007 - 01:21 PM.

#3 Plot Device

Plot Device

• 229 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE(Buckeye Jones @ Feb 9 2007, 01:20 PM) View Post
PD, I'm assuming you're serious and not spamming (no offense intended). I would suggest contacting DanBuck and getting access to the Writers Block section of A&F. Its a sub-forum of this site dedicated to works-in-progress, and I would assume a written script qualifies. I'm not a writer and haven't used its resources, so I can't vouch for its amount of activity, but if I was, I'd start there (within an A&F context) as well as with trusted advisors in my life.

Thanks, Buckeye. Dan Buck, you say. It appears to be an invitation-only forum requiring a password to enter. I got this error code when I clicked your link:

This forum is protected by a password!
You must enter the correct forum password to gain access to this forum. Please ensure that your browser is capable of storing temporary cookies

I'll drop Dan Buck a PM and ask him if it's an appropriate place for scripts.

(And I forgot "elevator pitch" up above. )

Edited by Plot Device, 09 February 2007 - 10:27 PM.