Photo

Starcraft II

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

• 844 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:45 AM

Wikipedia, of all places, has a pretty extensive article on the development of Starcraft II. Naturally, it must be taken with much salt, but it seems that this project is indeed nearing fruition.

Count me as excited. When I was but a 12-year-old, I was first introduced to Starcraft, and I loved it. There is no other non-licensed franchise game that features such a memorable plot, nor does any other game boast such imaginative world-building. Sure, Warcraft III was cool, but it ripped off Tolkien far too much to be a compelling tale in its own right. Starcraft's cybernetic, Road Warrior-esque, post-Earth milieu is something that I've always appreciated (this is the rare video game that would translate perfectly into a feature film, should such a film be well made, preferably directed by someone OTHER than the guy who made this turd).

All three major races are playable, according to Wiki. Apparently, instead of three small campaigns in one game, Starcraft II will be a trilogy in which the first game involves a human campaign, the second, a Zerg campaign, and the third, a Protoss campaign. Yes, this will ultimately cost a lot of money, but it promises to be a rousing good time.

#2 Darryl A. Armstrong

Darryl A. Armstrong

Father. Advertiser. Writer. Thinker. Pop philosopher.

• 1,504 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:48 PM

I am completely confounded by that response.... Huh?

#3 Jason Panella

Jason Panella

"I like the quiet."

• 3,693 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:44 PM

Ditto. Concept art? What?

I bet it's just someone that logged in to make that one post, never to return. Huh. The Games forum is getting a lot of them.