Changing Profile Details

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ron Reed

Ron Reed

Listmaster Extraordinaire

• 3,264 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:12 PM

How do I edit elements of my profile, such as "Interests" and "Other Information" (including "favourite films", my list of which has grown significantly out of date. Given my status as Listmaster Extraordinaire, that seems like a matter which must be addressed immediately.)

Thanks,

R

Edited by Ron Reed, 21 June 2009 - 10:13 PM.

#2 Overstreet

Overstreet

Sometimes, there's a man.

• 17,374 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:21 PM

Go up to My Controls near the top (under the IMAGE logo). Then, go down the sidebar on the left to Edit Profile Information.

#3 Ron Reed

Ron Reed

Listmaster Extraordinaire

• 3,264 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Overstreet @ Jun 21 2009, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go up to My Controls near the top (under the IMAGE logo). Then, go down the sidebar on the left to Edit Profile Information.

Thanks, Jeff. Not sure why I couldn't find that.

#4 Scott Derrickson

Scott Derrickson

Wayfaring Chestertonian Genre Slut

• 370 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

I can't see my own uploaded picture when I post -- I see it in my profile, but not in my posts. Do others see it and just not me, or is there is problem with my profile pic?

#5 Ryan H.

Ryan H.

Riding the crest of a wave breaking just west of Hollywood

• 5,524 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

I can't see my own uploaded picture when I post -- I see it in my profile, but not in my posts. Do others see it and just not me, or is there is problem with my profile pic?

There are two separate pictures you can upload. An "avatar," which is what everyone will see alongside your posts, and a separate "profile pic," which only displays in your profile.

#6 Jason Panella

Jason Panella

"I like the quiet."

• 3,719 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:03 PM

So, I decided it was time to phase out the ASoIaF-based avatar I've been using for a while. I tried uploading a .jpg (that was under the size limit), and...nothing. I tried again, giving the page lots of time to load the image. Then, nothing.

Anyone know how to fix this? It's making me grit my teeth. Grit, I say!

#7 Overstreet

Overstreet

Sometimes, there's a man.

• 17,374 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

Jason, hit refresh. It should be fine. It takes a while for them to show up sometimes. I'm seeing your new avatar.

Edited by Overstreet, 18 October 2011 - 03:23 PM.

#8 Jason Panella

Jason Panella

"I like the quiet."

• 3,719 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:33 PM

Jason, hit refresh. It should be fine. It takes a while for them to show up sometimes. I'm seeing your new avatar.

Thanks, Jeff!