Tom Waits to collaborate with "In Bruges" writer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Overstreet

Overstreet

Sometimes, there's a man.

• 17,040 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:24 PM

I'm going to keep my eye on this developing project.

Over the years musician and actor Tom Waits has teamed up with vanguard stage director Robert Wilson three times. The result of each collaboration has been an odd, wonderful stage musical. The first time was in 1990, when the pair worked with author William S. Burroughs to create The Black Rider: The Casting of the Magic Bullets. The second time was in 1992, when Waits and Wilson, with Paul Schmidt, reworked Alice in Wonderland. The third time was in 2002 for a new version of Georg Büchner’s Woyzeck. (The same story spawned a great little Werner Herzog film starring Klaus Kinski.)
Now Waits and Wilson are teaming up a fourth time, and they’ve got an incredible talent on board to collaborate: Irish playwright and screenwriter Martin McDonagh. You might know McDonagh from plays like The Cripple of Inishmaan and The Pillowman. Many, however, know him as the writer and director of In Bruges, the gangster film that became a cult classic almost instantly upon release.

Read more: Filmmakers on Stage: Trey Parker and Matt Stone go Off-Broadway; In Bruges Director Martin McDonagh Teams Up With Tom Waits and Robert Wilson | /Film http://www.slashfilm.../#ixzz0e1z4vafB

#2 Ryan H.

Ryan H.

Riding the crest of a wave breaking just west of Hollywood

• 5,370 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

I can't wait.

#3 AtticScripts

AtticScripts

• 47 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:25 PM

Awesome. Love Wilson. Love McDonagh. Love Waits.

Wish I could actually see it in Paris.

Edited by AtticScripts, 08 February 2010 - 11:26 PM.