Photo

Prometheus (2012)

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#21 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 29,491 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

Ridley Scott shooting movie by Hekla in Iceland
Filming for Ridley Scott’s new movie, Promethius began today at the foot of Iceland’s Hekla volcano. . . .
The director confirmed that Iceland will not play the starring role in Promethius: “It will be 15 minutes in total, if all goes to plan. We are shooting the beginning of time.” . . .
Iceland was confirmed as a filming location somewhat late in the day, despite always having been a probable choice. “It is possible to find similar landscapes elsewhere in the world,” Scott explained. “But here it is so rough and ‘Jurassic-like’ and that proved decisive. Iceland is a massively beautiful country.”
Ice News, July 11

#22 Tyler

Tyler

I right the outlaw wrongs on Mars.

• 6,153 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

Ridley Scott shooting movie by Hekla in Iceland
Filming for Ridley Scott’s new movie, Promethius began today at the foot of Iceland’s Hekla volcano. . . .
The director confirmed that Iceland will not play the starring role in Promethius: “It will be 15 minutes in total, if all goes to plan. We are shooting the beginning of time.” . . .
Iceland was confirmed as a filming location somewhat late in the day, despite always having been a probable choice. “It is possible to find similar landscapes elsewhere in the world,” Scott explained. “But here it is so rough and ‘Jurassic-like’ and that proved decisive. Iceland is a massively beautiful country.”
Ice News, July 11

Pretty soon, every movie is going to have an entirety of the universe narrative arc. . I think the trend started with the flower in Adaptation.

#23 Ryan H.

Ryan H.

Riding the crest of a wave breaking just west of Hollywood

• 5,419 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

Some screenshots from the Comic Con footage.

Pretty much leaves no doubt that PROMETHEUS is an ALIEN prequel, through and through.

#24 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,491 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

'Prometheus' Scribe Damon Lindelof Talks Robots, Slimy Corporations & Ridley Scott Collab
The official "Prometheus" synopsis has been unleashed, and as cool as it is — A discovery about the origins of humanity! An intergalactic voyage! An extraterrestrial battle with genocide-level implications! — the description still leaves much about Ridley Scott's "Alien"-DNA project unknown.
All in good time. Back at San Diego Comic-Con, though, "Prometheus" writer/producer Damon Lindelof kicked us a ton of info about his collaboration with Scott, the nature of the roles Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron play in the film, and who might actually turn out to be the hero-heir to Sigourney Weaver's Ripley. With the "Prometheus" synopsis on the web, we figured now is the right time to roll out our interview. Read on for insight into the 2012 flick, in Lindelof's own words. . . .
MTV Movies Blog, September 28

#25 Tyler

Tyler

• 6,153 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

Wall Street Journal: "Ridley Scott Spills the Secrets of Prometheus."

#26 Ryan H.

Ryan H.

• 5,419 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

EW has some pictures from PROMETHEUS.

#27 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,491 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

I will hurl my popcorn at the screen if they haven't changed "it's" to "its" by then.

(Not really. That stuff is expensive.)

#28 Tyler

Tyler

• 6,153 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

A trailer for the trailer.

Or something like that.

#29 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,491 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

Is that the "space jockey" at 0:47?

#30 Scholar's Parrot

Scholar's Parrot

The Best You Ever Had

• 358 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

Is that the "space jockey" at 0:47?

Yes, yes it is.

#31 Ryan H.

Ryan H.

• 5,419 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

And another shot of the teaser has them studying what appears to be the Space Jockey's head in a lab.

A pretty good trailer. Definitely appears to be quite unlike the previous ALIEN films... more open, expansive. The production design definitely has the look of the first film, but it's all a bit cleaner, sleeker (save for the Giger-y stuff).

#32 Thom Wade

Thom Wade

Happy Go Lucky Meat Machine

• 2,949 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:38 AM

Yeah, this has me really intriqued in a positive way.

#33 Tyler

Tyler

• 6,153 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

Peter Weyland, character from Prometheus, gives a TED talk.

Weyland's company has a website, too: weylandindustries.com. It says they have an investment opportunity coming up soon.

Edited by Tyler, 28 February 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#34 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,491 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

Embeddable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBa_GHtNB0

So what *I* want to know is what this guy's relation is, exactly, to the Weyland character played by Lance Henriksen in Alien Vs. Predator. And don't tell me there isn't one. Don't tell me that neither of these films is necessarily part of Alien franchise continuity. And don't tell me Prometheus won't be introducing us to any relatives of the Ms Yutani we met at the end of Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem, either. I tell you, Prometheus could show us how these two companies merged in the first place!!

#35 Ryan H.

Ryan H.

• 5,419 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

New teaser trailer (soon to be followed by the premiere of the full-length theatrical trailer later today):

Despite Scott's protestations to the contrary, PROMETHEUS is definitely an ALIEN film. If you look closely, you can see a glimpse of a facehugger. And this one gives us a real look at the Space Jockey.

Of all the high-profile blockbuster releases of 2012, this is by far the one I'm anticipating the most.

#36 Timothy Zila

Timothy Zila

edgeofthecity

• 343 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

Based on what Ridley's said, and what the trailers so obviously show, it is and isn't an Alien film.

Let me explain: yes, we have the face-hugers. And this is clearly a direct prequel to Alien - but he's said (and I'm inclined to believe him, but you never know) that the iconic 'aliens' never actually show up. We'll see, I suppose.

I'm pretty excited too, but I'd like a trailer that gives us a sense of the story (what is the science expedition investigating, etc.) and not just the scares.

#37 Attica

Attica

Celtic Creation Mystic, Film Buff- -oon

• 1,870 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

Based on what Ridley's said, and what the trailers so obviously show, it is and isn't an Alien film.

Let me explain: yes, we have the face-hugers. And this is clearly a direct prequel to Alien - but he's said (and I'm inclined to believe him, but you never know) that the iconic 'aliens' never actually show up. We'll see, I suppose.

I'm pretty excited too, but I'd like a trailer that gives us a sense of the story (what is the science expedition investigating, etc.) and not just the scares.

Yeah It seems to be set in the same universe as the Alien films, but dealing with a different emphasis and themes. I just love the atmospher depicted in the trailer. The trailer also gives me the impression that he's going for something more Philosophical (and possibly epic in a certain sense) than the Aliens films..... almost like an ALIEN meets BLADE RUNNER meets 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY. I'm also excited about this. Might Ridley be making his Magnum Opus.

#38 Ryan H.

Ryan H.

• 5,419 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

And this is clearly a direct prequel to Alien - but he's said (and I'm inclined to believe him, but you never know) that the iconic 'aliens' never actually show up. We'll see, I suppose.

Spoiler

I'm fine with them keeping the story hush-hush. I'm buying a ticket for PROMETHEUS no matter what.

Edited by Ryan H., 17 March 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#39 Ryan H.

Ryan H.

• 5,419 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

And now, the theatrical trailer.

Spoiler

#40 Rachel Anne

Rachel Anne

• 683 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

Great looking trailer, that.