• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Overstreet

Overstreet

Sometimes, there's a man.

• 17,392 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

For the record, Nikki Finke:

A Darren Star-produced dramedy has become a hot property with three networks vying for it. I hear ABC, NBC and CBS are all after Good Christian Bitches, which will be written by Steel Magnolias and The First Wives Club scribe Robert Harling. Based on the book of the same name by Kim Gatlin, the project, referred to by some as "Desperate Housewives in Dallas," centers on Amanda Vaughn, a recently divorced mother of two who, to get a fresh start, moves back to the affluent Dallas neighborhood where she grew where she finds herself in the whirling midst of salacious gossip, Botox, and fraud.

Sigh.

I don't even have the energy to post any of the obvious comebacks to this announcement...

Edited by Overstreet, 19 June 2011 - 11:30 AM.

#2 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 30,001 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:27 PM

Overstreet wrote:
: For the record, Nikki Finke . . .

Technically, Nellie Andreeva, actually. But it may depend on how much "editing" Finke does at that site. :)

#3 LibrarianDeb

LibrarianDeb

• 236 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

If we ignore this, will it go away? 8O

#4 Rich Kennedy

Rich Kennedy

Striking a balance between the cerebral and six month old puppy

• 2,543 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:17 PM

Somehow, I don't think thst the 'Bitches' part of the title will make to a new season on a network. I'm a bit skeptical of "good" and "christian", even in a heavily ironic sense, will be paired together in a title on network TV. Sounds like a show with the proper attitude for cable. It just might make it with a good "Weeds" or "Entourage" leadin.

#5 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 30,001 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:10 AM

Time to retitle the thread, apparently:

- - -

Kristen Chenoweth Says 'Good Christian Belles' (Formerly 'Bitches') Highlights Struggles of Bible Belt Women
Since picking up the show for its Fall lineup, the network has changed the name to “Good Christian Belles,” but its star Kristen Chenoweth wasn’t sure whether or not the mounting criticism prompted ABC to go from 'bitches' to 'belles.'
“I work for ABC, but I’m not an executive, so I’m not sure why the name was changed,” she told FOX411’s Pop Tarts “I’m not sure what went into that decision.”
Nonetheless, Chenoweth is confident American audiences will get into the characters, and that the dramedy – brought to life by famed “Sex and the City” and “90210” executive producer Darren Star – will give unique insight into religious communities.
“It takes place in the Bible belt in Dallas, in a world that we haven’t seen on TV a lot, which is church. That’s really just a little part of it, it’s about real women and the things they struggle with, the demons they fight, just like with anybody, with any religion, with people in general,” she continued. “It deals with how their faith, they feel, can let them down, pump them up—you’ll see all these different characters going through stuff. There’s a lot of humor there. It’s also very hopeful. Faith is a question that a lot of people question. We’ll see. I think it’s very special.” . . .
FoxNews.com, June 18

#6 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

Detached Existential INFP Dreamer-Minstrel Redux

• 6,697 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

Somehow, I don't think thst the 'Bitches' part of the title will make to a new season on a network.

The title is now GCB.

Also of interest is that another show coming to ABC is Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23 (with the dashes)

Edited by Darrel Manson, 10 January 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#7 Tyler

Tyler

(Credit Only)

• 6,314 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:13 AM

Somehow, I don't think thst the 'Bitches' part of the title will make to a new season on a network.

The title is now GCB.

And the theme song is "TCB." And it's set in CBGB.

#8 Darrel Manson

Darrel Manson

Detached Existential INFP Dreamer-Minstrel Redux

• 6,697 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

my preview based on TCA tour press conference

Edited by Darrel Manson, 27 February 2012 - 11:19 PM.