Photo

The Long Walk Short

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Furches

Mike Furches

• 24 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:27 AM

Final steps are being taken on The Long Walk a short by Tiroma Film, directed by Titus Jackson based on my book, The Keystone Kid. Right now we just have to finish up the score with Rob Cassels and Sam Eakins from South Carolina. The book and short addresses the aspect of physical and sexual abuse and the forgiveness associated to my story, (not in the book) I am pretty pleased with it although a little long for a short, (working now around 20 minutes) We will be using it to raise funds for the feature. Anyway, pretty excited about it, and for those that have followed my stuff in the past, I don't think will be too surprising, and we have worked at making it a quality piece, not a 'typical' Christian piece at all. In fact, the short if rated would be PG-13 or R for language and situations. More about that in the future, but for those reading my stuff at Hollywood Jesus over the years the book is also out now and available at its website www.thekeystonekid.com or other locations such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Friesen Press and others. It is also available in Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook, and other e-reader format versions.

#2 NClarke

NClarke

• 156 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:49 AM

Mike - what do you plan to do with the short when it's completed? Film Festivals? Online distribution?

#3 Mike Furches

Mike Furches

• 24 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Been too long since I have been here, the short has been entered into various film festivals, doing quite well there. I am going to do festivals for another 3 - 6 months and then have it available. The DVD and packaging is complete and it has over 2 hours of special features on it which I am quite proud of. We are currently looking at a business plan to make it happen as a feature. So sorry for the late delay in response though