Photo

Tron: Uprising

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

He's fictional, but you can't have everything.

• 29,308 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:38 PM

Links to our threads on Tron / Tron Legacy (1982-2010), where this series has been mentioned before, and Tron 3 (in development?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHwhOcA6Kw

Um, I thought the light-cycles were only supposed to have those streaking tails when they were on the game grid?

Edited by Peter T Chattaway, 06 April 2011 - 03:00 AM.

#2 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,308 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:59 AM

Joseph Kosinski to ComingSoon.net:

Kosinski: I can't tell you too much about it because I'm not directly involved with it. It's being brought in by the producers and writers of 'TRON: Legacy.' So I do know that it takes place before the events or between, if you remember in 'Legacy' there was that flashback to the moment that Clu took over the grid and the purge and TRON was repurposed by Clu. So the animated series takes place between that event and the opening of our film, in the new between time. So it's going to fill out some interesting stories about TRON himself, I believe. And some other characters. But I think really what it's going to do is it's going to introduce, because it's on Disney XD, it's really going to get a younger generation into this world which, interestingly, our movie did not. Our movie did not bring in kids, for instance. Which you would kind of expect almost any Disney movie to do. But we played really well to people in their teens, twenties, thirties, and forties. So it's going to create that kind of new generation and fans the way, I think, 'Clone Wars' has created a new generation of 'Star Wars' fans.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

And a good day to you, sir!

• 2,114 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:45 AM

it's really going to get a younger generation into this world which, interestingly, our movie did not. Our movie did not bring in kids, for instance. Which you would kind of expect almost any Disney movie to do.

Interesting - my 3 kids (10,11,13) all LOVED this movie, with 3 trips to the multiplex to see and re-see it. And joining them in these expeditions, I rejoiced that it was not like most Disney swill of late.

#4 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,308 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

#5 Peter T Chattaway

Peter T Chattaway

• 29,308 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

I am told that the video below includes the entire first episode of this show, but because I live in Canada, I am unable to watch it.