• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 opus

opus

Supernatural Blood Sprinkling Victory Package

• Administrator
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

Repeat after me: No kids in mommy and daddy's bed.

We let our first kid sleep in our bed. At the time, it made sense because it was just easier to get him to sleep, and Lord knows we needed lots of sleep. However, his bed times have become rather difficult and drawn out. OTOH, we didn't let our second kid sleep in our bed at all, but were pretty adamant about making him sleeping in his crib every night. And bedtimes with him are pretty much a snap. I know correlation doesn't equal causation and all that, but I don't think we'll be letting our third kid sleep in our bed at all, and see if the trend repeats. Now, we just need to work on our oldest some more.

#22 Christian

Christian

• 10,880 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

Opus FTW!

#23 SDG

SDG

Catholic deflector shield

• 9,054 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

All our kids have been cosleepers for the first couple of years. We've never had any bedtime troubles except with 2/3-year-olds at that awkward stage between needing a nap and not needing one.

#24 Anders

Anders

Globe-trotting special agent

• 2,945 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:17 AM

FWIW, we're co-sleeping with our little one right now and it's going really well. Soren's happy to go sleep in his bassinet when necessary, but for the ease of nursing, etc. it's been great.

#25 Darren H

Darren H

• 2,352 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

Have more kids.

Easier said than done, I'm afraid. I'll spare the details about the miscarriages and about the failed fertility treatments and about that time I held my newborn adopted daughter only to find out the next day that the birth father had changed his mind. That's probably another factor in all of my anxiety about finding the right balance. But unless Andrew wants to chime in and send me a bill, I'll try to avoid turning this into a therapy session. Posted Image

This seemed a good place to announce that we're expecting another kid in late-October, early-November. Nothing comes easy for us, it seems, but Joanna got pregnant during our last try (the old-fashioned way) before we'd planned to start IVF.

#26 David Smedberg

David Smedberg

Ha! Mush.

• 1,117 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

Congratulations!

#27 Christian

Christian

• 10,880 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

That's such great news, Darren! Big congratulations to both of you.

#28 Andrew

Andrew

And a good day to you, sir!

• 2,174 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Wonderful news - congratulations!

#29 Andy Whitman

Andy Whitman

• 3,238 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Wonderful news indeed. Congratulations, Darren. Please don't slack off on the photos of your new son or daughter. It's amazing and fun watching your family grow. That means don't slack off on the Rory photos either.