Photo

Tugg

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andrew_b_welch

andrew_b_welch

• 246 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

Not sure if there's a thread for this or not, but it's something I'm very excited about. As they advertise themselves right now, Tugg is a service that works with you to plan film screenings in your community. They haven't announced which films are available to choose from yet, but it's my understanding that it's a combination of classics as well as current indie and foreign films--basically, art-house and repertory fare. For example, the two films they're advertising right now are Tree of Life and Bullhead.

I'm supposed to be talking to someone from Tugg today about planning a screening in Denton, so hopefully I'll know more about them later today. If you haven't checked out their site, give it a look. Could be a great thing for film lovers everywhere.

http://www.tugg.com/home

#2 Tyler

Tyler

I always dreamed we'd be back here.

• 5,663 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour mentioned Tugg on their last podcast. It could be pretty cool if it catches on. (And if I ever live in a city that would support it.)

Now that I think about it, didn't the Paranormal Activity movies do something like this with advanced screenings?

Edited by Tyler, 29 February 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#3 andrew_b_welch

andrew_b_welch

• 246 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

Having seen the official Tugg list, I can confirm, without going into specifics, that it's a pretty awesome list. I'm surprised at just how extensive it is, and at how many Arts & Faith favorites are on it.