St. Louis Int. Film Festival

Looks like I will be able to catch up with a lot that has been well-received at other festivals. I am on the jury again for a local-filmmaker award, but in addition to that part of the festival, I also get to see:

You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet (Resnais)
Student (Omirbayev)
Reconversion (Anderson)
The Past (Farhadi)
Oh Boy (Gerster)
Nebraska (Payne)
The Missing Picture (Pahn)
Le Week End (Michell)
Kiss the Water (Steel)
The Great Beauty (Sorrentino)
Coming to Terms (Jost)
The Blue Tiger (Oukropec)

Anything I should skip here?

"...the vivid crossing of borders between film and theology may save the film from the banality of cinema and festival business, and it may also save the church from the deep sleep of the habitual and the always known."

(Hans Werner Dannowski)

Filmwell | Twitter

• 3 weeks later...

Those are intriguing films on that list, in particular: The Past, Oh Boy, The Missing Picture, The Great Beauty, The Blue Tiger. Some others at the fest I would be interested in checking out are Key of Life, Computer Chess, and A Touch of Sin.

I will be pretty busy this month, but am hoping to make it to some of these.

Edited by Crow

A Touch of Sin would be worth seeing in the theater. Still have Oh Boy in the pile to watch...

"...the vivid crossing of borders between film and theology may save the film from the banality of cinema and festival business, and it may also save the church from the deep sleep of the habitual and the always known."

(Hans Werner Dannowski)

Filmwell | Twitter