The Late Show with... Stephen Colbert

Overstreet

A smart decision by CBS, and a great opportunity for Colbert. That said, I'll miss THE COLBERT REPORT.

My first thought as well. Something doesn't feel right. Comedy Central has always felt like the right place for Colbert's strengths. I'd hate to see him give up the persona.

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

I love Colbert, and don't in any way mean to cast doubt on his talent or his appeal, but: My initial thought is that the NBC folks (and Team Fallon) probably aren't too concerned about this.

That said: The friendship between Colbert and Fallon could lead to some fun cross-network gags and interactions.

Partner in Cahoots

www.cahootsmag.com

So, the whole #CancelColbert movement sort-of won, then?

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

I posted a few thoughts.

"It's a dangerous business going out your front door." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
"I want to believe in art-induced epiphanies." -- Josie
"I would never be dismissive of pop entertainment; it's much too serious a matter for that." -- NBooth

"If apologetics could prove God, I would lose all faith in Him." -- Josie

"What if--just what if--the very act of storytelling is itself redemptive? What if gathering up the scraps and fragments of a disordered life and binding them between the pages of a book in all of their fragmentary disorder is itself a gambit against that disorder?" -- NBooth

I posted a few thoughts.

I'll take it as a compliment beating the AV Club to this conclusion:

Colbert will also become part of a newer tradition—the modern phenomenon of TV performers succeeding downward.

"It's a dangerous business going out your front door." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
"I want to believe in art-induced epiphanies." -- Josie
"I would never be dismissive of pop entertainment; it's much too serious a matter for that." -- NBooth

"If apologetics could prove God, I would lose all faith in Him." -- Josie

"What if--just what if--the very act of storytelling is itself redemptive? What if gathering up the scraps and fragments of a disordered life and binding them between the pages of a book in all of their fragmentary disorder is itself a gambit against that disorder?" -- NBooth

• 2 weeks later...

Craig Ferguson is leaving the Late Late Show at the end of the year.

“CBS and I are not getting divorced, we are ‘consciously uncoupling,’ but we will still spend holidays together and share custody of the fake horse and robot skeleton, both of whom we love very much,” Ferguson said.

The story says a possible replacement is Neil Patrick Harris.

It's the side effects that save us.
--The National, "Graceless"
Twitter Blog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...